Posted : May 15, 2020
Our blog is chock full of great ideas for fun things to see and do in York Durham and Headwaters. We are always adding new content and updating old posts, but sometimes you might stumble upon something from our vault. If this article has inspired you to hit the road, be sure to double-check that the featured stops in this post are still welcoming visitors.
Last Straw Distillery is an award-winning micro-distillery in Vaughan, Ontario, proudly hand-crafting high quality spirits. Last Straw was founded to make whisky, and also makes gin, blackstrap spirit, and aged moonshine.
Best of all, they keep the Last Straw Distillery blog chock full of great cocktail recipes.
Here’s one of our favourites:
Cocktail Recipe: The Gentleman Farmer
Muddle together in the bottom of a cocktail shaker small bunches of:
- 1 slice cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 oz Last Straw Distillery Gin Twenty-One
- 1/4 oz Strega (or substitute other herbal liqueur like Chartreuse)
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz light maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- 1 oz egg white (or aquafaba – the “juice” from a can of chickpeas, for a vegan option)
Shake well without ice first, then add ice and shake again.
Fill a Collins or Hi-Ball glass with ice, and strain the cocktail through a fine sieve. Finish with:
- Top up of soda water
- Fresh ground black pepper
Serve immediately, and enjoy with friends.
Check out the Last Straw Distillery blog to see all of their great recipes.