FANCY MAPLE GRILLED CHEESE
Not just your average grilled cheese! Step outside the ol’ cheese and bread box and enter the future of the gourmet grilled cheese. Your taste buds will thank you.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 cup of cheese – Mix of grated Gruyere and white cheddar
- 1 thin slice of Muenster (Pick up your fancy cheese at La Jolie Cheeseshop in Aurora.)
- A healthy amount of 100% pure maple syrup
- Half of a small yellow onion
- Teaspoon of butter
- Fresh minced rosemary to taste
- Fresh minced thyme to taste
- Caramelize a yellow onion with salt, pepper, and equal parts minced rosemary and thyme.
- In a skillet, melt butter, sprinkle with rosemary and add two slices of bread side-by-side.
- Immediately add a mix of grated Gruyere and white cheddar on one side, topped with a thin slice of Muenster*.
- As cheese begins to melt, add caramelized onion.
- When bread is golden brown, sandwich the pieces and cook on low until cheese is fully melted. Remove from pan and drizzle with a generous amount of maple syrup.
Foodie Feast Road Trip
This season, fill your holiday table with dishes from around the world
Our small historical towns are brimming with local produce, flour, meat, craft beer, wine and cider, that will check-off every ingredient needed to create an international feast.