Posted : November 10, 2020
Our blog is chock full of great ideas for fun things to see and do in York Durham and Headwaters. We are always adding new content and updating old posts, but sometimes you might stumble upon something from our vault. If this article has inspired you to hit the road, be sure to double-check that the featured stops in this post are still welcoming visitors.
- 850g cooked chicken
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cup carrots
- 4 cup celery
- 4 cup onions
- 4 cup potatoes (diced)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 4 cups frozen corn
(Yields 5 Litres)
1. Roast a whole chicken to internal temperature of 165°. Cool, remove skin and dice.
2. In a large stock pot melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onions.
3. Stir in flour, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and oregano.
4. Add diced potatoes, chicken stock and milk.
5. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes, add cubed chicken, stir gently to avoid breaking up chicken cubes
6. Simmer on low for 30 minutes, until desire consistency is reached, stirring to prevent burning.
7. Add fresh herbs (if using), frozen peas and corn. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve with cheese tea biscuits!
All of our Chefs and cooks are passionate about using hyper-local ingredients. If you can’t find an ingredient close to home, we have suggested some great alternatives. Visit the YDH Virtual Market to find everything you need to make the Ultimate Holiday Feast!