Posted : March 17, 2020
Our blog is chock full of great ideas for fun things to see and do in York Durham and Headwaters. We are always adding new content and updating old posts, but sometimes you might stumble upon something from our vault. If this article has inspired you to hit the road, be sure to double-check that the featured stops in this post are still welcoming visitors.
Looking for a super easy, yet extremely delicious recipe to satisfy your summer grilling needs? Well look no further.
- 1 lb. of Thunder Ridge ground bison (fresh or fully thawed)
- 2 tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 shakes of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- ½ tsp. of powdered garlic
- 1 tsp. of cracked pepper
- Olive oil spray to coat
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients (except oil olive) to form four patties. Do not over-handle, squeeze, or compress the meat.
- Lightly spray both sides of the burger with olive oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
- Grill on the first side for five to six minutes until the juices start to come through. Turn once, and grill on the other side for another five to six minutes, or until an internal temperature of 160° F is reached.
- Let burgers sit for five to 10 minutes so the juices settle.
- Garnish and serve.
Read more about Thunder Ridge Bison and their passion for conservation and sustainability of this once endangered species.