- 1 lb concord grapes (alternatively sweet red seedless)
- 1 loaf of honey oat bread
- 10 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 cup walnuts halves
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel of an orange
(Yields 10 Crostinis)
- Wash grapes and let dry.
- Bring mixture of red wine vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon, juniper, orange peel and bay leaf to a rolling boil.
- Reduce this by half or until the bubbles are the size of a dime. Set aside until cooled.
- Once the mulled wine syrup is reduced adequately, add the washed grapes and roll gently to coat. Leave to macerate for an hour or overnight.
- Chop the tarragon quite finely and mix with the mascarpone cheese.
- Toast walnuts in a preheated 350° oven until golden brown, or until you start to smell the toasty walnuts.
- To serve cut ¾ inch slices of honey oat bread and toast until crisp. Smear with your tarragon mascarpone cheese and top with a generous portion of grapes and some toasted walnuts and enjoy!
All of our Chefs and cooks are passionate about using hyper-local ingredients. If you can’t find an ingredient close to home, we have suggested some great alternatives. Visit the YDH Virtual Market to find everything you need to make the Ultimate Holiday Feast!