Your kids will ride a decorated train and get a visit from Santa right at their seat!
Once back at the station, keep the adventure going with Santa’s Passport and follow the trail of reindeer footsteps to fun holiday surprises from the participating shops of charming downtown Uxbridge.
Activities included with Santa’s Passport:
- Sip a festive hot chocolate at the Tin Cup Caffé.
- Write a letter to Santa and post it to the North Pole at Blue Heron Books.
- Add holiday sparkle to a whimsical ornament at Preston Gallery.
- Decorate and fill a sack with magical reindeer treats at Bluebell Paper & Press.
- Enjoy an elf sized cup of Gelato Nexus Coffee Co.
- Twist a sugar plum treat from Sugar FX.
How to get on board this holiday adventure
Step 1: Get a ticket on the Santa Train
Buy a ticket online for the York-Durham Heritage Railway Santa Train for any weekend from November 24th – December 9th.
Price: $25 +HST
Step 2: Get your passport
Buy a passport for one of the following days:
Price: $10 (no HST)
Redeem your ticket receipt at the YDHR Train Station for your printed SANTA PASSPORT.
- Santa Passport sales are final so be sure to purchase your seats on the Santa Train PRIOR to purchasing your Santa Passport to ensure seat availability on the train.
- Make sure to schedule your visit around the train schedule and participating store hours (11am – 4pm)
- Special note for those on “Trip 3” leaving at 3pm: Pick up your Santa Passports at the station at least 1.5 hours prior to your departure time. You’ll want to give yourself plenty of time to ensure you can enjoy the treats at the local shops!
- Santa Train Passports are reserved for the first 150 Santa Train riders per day so purchase your tickets in advance!
We can’t wait to celebrate the season with you in Uxbridge aboard the Santa Train!
More to do in Uxbridge
The old school benches and hardwood floors at Uxbridge Smokehouse restaurant provide the casual dining atmosphere where families can be themselves. They still brew homemade lemon ice tea and their fresh-cut fries and homemade onion rings were made for sharing!
Save room for real buttered popcorn when you end your day with a night at the picture shows. The old-fashioned Roxy Theatre is located at the four-corners of town and is an art deco gem reminiscent of days gone by.
The many shops of charming Uxbridge are stuffed with unique ideas to help you find the perfect stocking stuffer.