Entering Canada

Find out what you need to enter Canada through the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA).


Car Safety

In Ontario, all motor vehicle drivers and passengers (adults and children) must wear a seatbelt that is properly adjusted and securely fastened. Small children must be secured in an appropriate child car seat or booster seat. Consult the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario for guidelines on seatbelts and other safe driving practices.


Alcohol Regulations

In the province of Ontario, you must be at least 19 years old to legally drink alcohol. Visit Smart Serve Ontario to learn more about liquor laws in Ontario, including acceptable forms of identification (ID).


Sales Tax

In Ontario, consumers pay 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) on a variety of goods. Contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to find out more about taxes in Canada and in Ontario.


Fishing in Canada

If you plan to go fishing, a fishing license is required by law. Make sure to learn everything you need to know to get your license by contacting the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.

Check out our ice fishing page for ice fishing safety tips.


Other helpful tourism links

Plan the most memorable road trip ever by exploring these helpful tourist resources:

Ontario Yours to Discover
Ontario by Bike
Green Belt - Possibility grows here