Posted : November 10, 2020
Our blog is chock full of great ideas for fun things to see and do in York Durham and Headwaters. We are always adding new content and updating old posts, but sometimes you might stumble upon something from our vault. If this article has inspired you to hit the road, be sure to double-check that the featured stops in this post are still welcoming visitors.
For the fruit base
- 4 cups apples
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ lemon (juice)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
For the crumble
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats (large flake)
- ½ cup butter- room temperature
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pecans (pieces)
1. Core, peel and slice apples. Combine apples, lemon juice, blueberries with ½ cup flour and 1 cup sugar.
2. Pour fruit into 8 x 8 dish.
3. In another bowl mix flour, sugars, oats, pecans and cinnamon.
4. Add butter and gently mix using two knives, pastry blender or spatula. Until the crumble is the texture of wet sand.
5. Place crumble on top of fruit, covering the surface.
6. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and smells amazing!
Tip: For a more crunchy topping, double the crumble mixture and cook on cookie sheet until brown!
All of our Chefs and cooks are passionate about using hyper-local ingredients. If you can’t find an ingredient close to home, we have suggested some great alternatives. Visit the YDH Virtual Market to find everything you need to make the Ultimate Holiday Feast!