4 servings in 200 ml ramekins or mugs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of Hazelnut spread (Nutella ™)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa or 3 tbsp of shaved chocolate
- 8 oz (1/2 lb or about 1 1/3 cup of ) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Tip: Please weigh your chocolate chips!
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 90 grams salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Mix eggs, hazelnut spread and cocoa or semi- sweet shaved chocolate in blender.
- Blend on low until well combined.
- Pour into butter and parchment lined ramekins.
- Microwave each cake for 1 min and 15 – 30 seconds depending on your microwave. Cake should puff up like a muffin. It will deflate so don’t worry!
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top. Do not boil!
- Pour cream over chocolate chips in glass or non-reactive bowl. Do not mix. Cover with lid and let rest for a few minutes.
- Remove lid and mix a whisk until smooth.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before pouring it over your cake. Texture should be pourable but not too thick.
- Pour over cooled cakes.
- Heat brown sugar in a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring with wooden spoon. Cook until smooth and not-grainy.
- Once sugar is completely melted, stir in the butter until melted and combined. Be careful!! It’s hot.
- Let cook for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Turn down heat to low. Slowly stir in heavy cream.
- After all the heavy cream has been added, stop stirring and allow to boil for 1 minute. Watch heat to ensure pan does not over boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to slightly cool down before using.
- Drizzle over ganache covered cakes. Or leave on side. It will thicken…so you might have to re-heat prior to serving.
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat, swirling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until amber.
- Add hazelnuts and salt and stir for 1 minute to coat.
- Pour onto parchment lined baking sheet until cool.
- Smash coarsely with a meat pounder ….leave some whole for decoration.
- Decorate cakes with nuts.
All of our Chefs and cooks are passionate about using hyper-local ingredients. If you can’t find an ingredient close to home, we have suggested some great alternatives. Visit the YDH Virtual Market to find everything you need to make the Ultimate Holiday Feast!