4 servings in 200 ml ramekins or mugs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of Hazelnut spread (Nutella ™)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa or 3 tbsp of shaved chocolate
- 8 oz (1/2 lb or about 1 1/3 cup of ) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Tip: Please weigh your chocolate chips!
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 90 grams salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Mix eggs, hazelnut spread and cocoa or semi- sweet shaved chocolate in blender.
- Blend on low until well combined.
- Pour into butter and parchment lined ramekins.
- Microwave each cake for 1 min and 15 – 30 seconds depending on your microwave. Cake should puff up like a muffin. It will deflate so don’t worry!
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer on the stove top. Do not boil!
- Pour cream over chocolate chips in glass or non-reactive bowl. Do not mix. Cover with lid and let rest for a few minutes.
- Remove lid and mix a whisk until smooth.
- Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before pouring it over your cake. Texture should be pourable but not too thick.
- Pour over cooled cakes.
- Heat brown sugar in a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, stirring with wooden spoon. Cook until smooth and not-grainy.
- Once sugar is completely melted, stir in the butter until melted and combined. Be careful!! It’s hot.
- Let cook for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Turn down heat to low. Slowly stir in heavy cream.
- After all the heavy cream has been added, stop stirring and allow to boil for 1 minute. Watch heat to ensure pan does not over boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to slightly cool down before using.
- Drizzle over ganache covered cakes. Or leave on side. It will thicken…so you might have to re-heat prior to serving.
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat, swirling, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until amber.
- Add hazelnuts and salt and stir for 1 minute to coat.
- Pour onto parchment lined baking sheet until cool.
- Smash coarsely with a meat pounder ….leave some whole for decoration.
- Decorate cakes with nuts.