Posted : February 23, 2016
Our blog is chock full of great ideas for fun things to see and do in York Durham and Headwaters. We are always adding new content and updating old posts, but sometimes you might stumble upon something from our vault. If this article has inspired you to hit the road, be sure to double-check that the featured stops in this post are still welcoming visitors.
The charming easterly town of Port Perry is a great place to venture to. With tons of local shops, eateries and history to soak in, a day on Queen Street will be fun for all! Here are the top 10 things to do in historical Port Perry.
1. Anja of Sweden is here to quiet all your style woes and wardrobe mishaps. With bamboo organic yoga clothes, business attire designed by Anja herself, and Italian lambskin jackets, the sassy fashionista in you will be in clothes heaven!
2. With the new wardrobe you picked out, you’ll need some bling to go with it. Dana’s Goldsmithing is the epitome of charm and elegance when it comes to jewellery. Work with on-site gemmologists, designers and goldsmiths to craft your perfect piece.
3. For the antique hunter and collector, Caviar and Cobwebs is a charming store sure to satisfy all of your needs. With new stock arriving weekly, choose from clocks, art, linens, jewellery, china and glasswork. They are a consignment store, so if you have antiques or treasures you’d like to sell, they can help you out!
4. One of the best things about small towns are their farmer’s markets. Durham Farm Fresh is the best place to find fresh, locally grown produce, seasonal goodies, and free-range meats. Stop in for some baked treats and stock up on your week’s groceries. Eat healthy and support local farmers!
5. Tree huggers will love Eco Port, on Queen Street. This environmental store is the place to source all your products ranging from health care, clothing, and gifts that are consciously made and environmentally friendly. Shopping you can really feel good about!
6. With your little ones in tow, be sure to check out Petite Images – Dollhouses & Miniatures. This adorable shop full of tiny wonders will have you excited to build your own dollhouse. One of a kind and handcrafted to perfection, your time spent with the kids making their own make-belief world will be fun for all.
7. If all this shopping has left you hungry, check out Jester’s Court Restaurant. Situated in a historic Victorian home, the pub is family style with lots of menu classics as well as some fun twists, fit to cater to even the pickiest of eaters.
8. A dose of Port Perry history must include the Old Mill, which is Canada’s oldest grain elevator. Snap some photos and soak in the history of Canada!
9. If you’re looking for some of the best fish and chips around, head on over to Captain George Fish and Chips on Queen Street. Mixed in with some delicious Greek favourites, this take out or dine in restaurant will satisfy your hunger pains.
10. Like fresh produce, small towns are great for their local butchers. Herrington’s Quality Butchers is the place to go for some locally-raised meats that are high quality and ethically raised, without the stresses factory farmed animals face. Taste the difference once, and you’ll be coming back every month!
Come find some fabulous fashion, high quality food, and a touch of history in one of Ontario’s main streets. These top 10 things to do in Port Perry are just the tip of the iceberg! Contact us for more information.